Hanover High School Music Class Offerings
The Hanover High School Music Department offers a wide variety classes aimed at providing a comprehensive music curriculum available to the entire HHS student population. The HHS Music faculty strive to address the (9) National Standards for Music Education in all music classes. Click on the links below to visit pages for some of Mr. Ketchen's current classes.
National Standards for Music Education
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.